Has the daily grind of work and responsibilities killed the passion in your relationship? It doesn’t have to mean you’ve fallen out of love, but simply that you’ve fallen into comfortable lack luster routine.
Why should that matter? Well think about how much it mattered when you were courting. Now that you’re tied to one another why should it no longer matter?
I can hear it now “because I’ve more important things to do and that stuff shouldn’t matter.”
Lack of passion shouldn’t be a deal breaker, but the presence of passion surely can be the icing on the cake that enhances the quality of your life and makes all other hard work worth it.
Here are some tips to rev up the romance in your relationship.
1. Continue “courting.” Know how to play, flirt, use charm, and carve out time to do those things. Commit to consistently spend time together as a couple.
Here are some ideas for “us” time.
- Dinner and a movie
- Lunch and mall shopping
- Breakfast out
- Picnic and long walk in a nearby park
- Visit a street fair in your community
- Farmers’ or antique market on Saturday morning
- Night of dinner and dancing
- Ballroom dancing lessons
- Attend a play, musical, or performance
- Nature hike
2. Know how to communicate. Focus on each other when you’re talking. Use a friendly tone of voice and show special kindness and courtesy when you’re communicating. Here are strategies you can utilize when speaking with your mate.
- Refrain from interrupting.
- Look at him when he’s talking.
- Listen intently.
- Respond with a verbal cue that you’re listening (like “I see,” “Uh-huh,” and others).
- Use a friendly, quiet voice.
3. Take time to know everything about your mate. Do you know what your partner likes to do?
For example, do you know his favorite hobbies, authors, sports activities, favorite colors, pet peeves, favorite musicians, and preferred television shows?
4. Be honest about your true feelings. This isn’t a license to blast him with the truth. But emotional dishonesty ruins intimacy.
5. Learn to use body language to demonstrate your feelings to your mate. How you express yourself through body movements is known as “body language.” You can actually demonstrate to your partner how much you love him by how you carry yourself.
Here are some gestures you can try to expand your repertoire and promote more physical closeness. Some may come naturally to you, but some may stretch your comfort level.
- Hold hands when you’re out in public.
- Give your partner a back, neck, or shoulder rub.
- Touch his arm while talking to him.
- Give random hugs.
- Lean toward him when he is speaking.
- Stand close together when you’re out and about.
- Put your arm around his shoulders.
6. Lastly, plan special times together. When you make room in your schedules for special activities, it shows how much you mean to each other. Celebrations of milestones and holidays that hold special meaning provide the perfect opportunities to ramp up the romance.